In 1987, James H. Hicks founded the firm known today as Hicks & Motto. After 30 years practicing a wide range of specialties, he now concentrates his focus solely on personal injury and wrongful death. His reputation for meticulous preparation and a demeanor that often belies the sharp legal mind behind the passionate litigator gained him a reputation as a preeminent force and ethical jurist in the practice of personal injury law.
In addition to an extremely successful personal injury practice, Mr. Hicks has obtained judgments in excess of $5 million for the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, the Florida Highway Patrol, the Boca Raton and the Lake Worth Police Departments, and litigated a $100,000,000 case against Monroe County on the behalf of 4,000 Florida homeowners and rental agencies.
- Member of the Florida Bar
- Member of the Trial Bar of U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Member of the Palm Beach County Plaintiff’s Personal Injury Association
- Member of the Million-Dollar Advocates Forum, whose membership is limited to trial lawyers who achieved a trial verdict or settlement of $1 million or more
- Member of the Who’s Who in American Law (inducted 1994)
- Former member of the Florida Bar Judicial Nominating Procedures Committee
Mr. Hicks is also “AV Preeminent®” rated by Martindale-Hubbell. This independent rating, determined by other lawyers and judges, is the highest possible for both legal ability and general ethical standards. The Martindale Directory was first published in 1868.
James H. Hicks graduated in 1977 with a B.A. from the College of William & Mary. In 1980, he received a J.D. from Nova University, where he was on the dean’s list. He is also among the 4% of Florida lawyers who are Board Certified in civil trial matters.
Please contact us for a free consultation – it is our passion for helping the injured that results in fair and just outcomes.